What Does The Color of Your Front Door Say About You?
The exterior of your home is important in so many ways: it can increase the value of your home, it creates curb appeal, and it's the first impression others have of you. Have you ever considered what the color of your front door says about you?
Color speaks volumes, but so does the boldness or softness of the colors you choose. The bolder the color, the more outgoing the homeowner. Let's take a look at some color choices for doors and what they silently communicate to people.
- Red and Orange: Not surprisingly, these bright and bold colors say "look at me!" People who choose red or orange for their front doors are usually more outgoing and energetic.
- Yellow: Is bright and sunny, just like the people who live behind a yellow door. These homeowners are upbeat, positive, and see the glass half full.
- Purple: While purple may not be a common choice, some people do choose it for their front doors. A purple door may be seen on the home of a dreamer or a risk-taker and proclaims individuality.
- White: Is the color of organization, cleanliness, and simplicity.
- Blue: Is indicative of easygoing, grounded people who tend to attract others to them. A home with a blue door shows stability and faith.
- Green: A color that shows a love for nature, also speaks of personal betterment, community values, and ambition.
- Natural Wood: An unpainted door shows their owners are the same way: open, real, and unpretentious. They're usually very down to earth, giving, and generous. A door painted brown conveys the same messages.
Your front door is one feature of your home's exterior that people see up close, so you want to make sure it's got its best face on to greet visitors. When you're ready to make a change, contact us - we'll be happy to transform your front door so it sends the right message about you and your family.