In this project, we took a large unfinished storage room under the garage and created a spacious home fitness center. The project involved and was not limited to: helping the client layout and design the space, demoing existing walls, framing new walls, installing and finishing sheetrock, installing doors, trim and a window, painting, electrical, and flooring. The majority of the project was completed by Major Painting’s carpenters, sheet rockers, and painters. The only portion that was outsourced was the electrical component due to city permit and license requirements. The project was run on time and on budget and as a perk, the space turned out to feel bigger than the client had imagined it would, putting a little icing on top of an already successful renovation project!
- Demo: Remove and dispose of approximately 6' of the wall to the right of the existing storage room door; the storage room door is to be saved and installed in the new storage room space
- Stud Walls: Erect (1) 7' wall with a door opening, closing off the mechanical equipment area. Erect (1) 17' wall on the right side as you enter the room, making it flush with the existing support posts. All other walls are to be studded to the concrete foundation walls every 1-5-2'.
- Stud Ceiling: Install studs directly to the existing ceiling every 1.5-2' and box in the column in the middle of the room so sheetrock can be installed to the complete ceiling; Including installing a ceiling at the entry(existing furnace room).
- Insulation: Install 1/2" formula insulation between the studs on the walls, excludes the ceiling areas
- Sheetrock: Install 1/2" sheetrock to the walls and ceiling in the space and finish; Ceiling is to have a smooth or knockdown texture
- Doors & Trim: Install (1) a new door to the mechanical room and the existing salvaged door to the new storage space per discussion; Install baseboards to the fitness room; Estimate does not include the baseboard costs or include crown molding
- Window: Install (1) window, Concrete wall is to be cut by another contractor; Window to be provided by the homeowner
- Flooring: Install flooring to fitness room; estimate includes a 2 man day budget, all materials are to be provided by the homeowner
- Paint: Prep area as needed, prime all areas of new sheetrock, apply (2) coats of flat white paint to the ceilings, (2) coats of Interior SuperPaint Satin to the walls, and (2) coats of Benjamin Moore Advance Satin to the Trim and Doors